Legal on Tap
Preparing, Negotiating and Managing Better Contracts
Say “goodbye” to stress, struggle, confusion and a desk covered in pending contracts. Increase your efficiency in contract management with the help of expert legal training and advice “on tap”.
Many professionals and organisations struggle to fully understand the content of contracts and where to look for potential risks. When misunderstandings arise, they may spend large amounts of time and money dealing with nasty disputes and frustrating issues that could have been avoided with the right foundations.
- Save time and money.
- Reduce risks and confusion.
- Improve business results.
Unique to Australia, Legal on Tap is a ground-breaking legal support service for Procurement and Sales Professionals which provides its members with …
- 24/7 Legal support on Procurement, Sales and Contract Management issues
- Specialised Online Learning, and
- Exclusive “Collaborative” Webinar Forum
Who’s It For?
Legal on Tap is designed specifically for non-lawyers within an organisation who need to deal with contract risks, contract management or contract negotiation.
It’s ideal for Procurement and Purchasing professionals needing to deal efficiently with suppliers and for Sales and Business Development professionals needing to negotiate effectively with prospects and customers.
- Overwhelmed by all the contracts piling up on your desk?
- Afraid of putting your company at risk because you don’t fully understand the fine print on a contract?
- Not sure you understand the indemnity and liability clauses you’re committing your organisation to?
- Worried about a contract but reluctant to call in legal counsel because of the costs?
- Wish somebody would just explain it all simply so you could minimise your risk of exposure?
- Need to learn more about contract legalities, without becoming a lawyer?
Dealing with Contracts Just Got a Whole Lot Easier with Legal on Tap!
What is Legal on Tap?
Legal on Tap is a unique online service that puts expert legal advice and purpose-built contract law training at your fingertips.
It’s based on an easy-to-understand 2-part seminar developed over 20 years of working with Australian organisations, helping professionals develop their skills in contract negotiation and management.
Learn what you need to know, when you need to know it, studying at your pace through our e-learning portal.
Back up your learning with our revolutionary forum that gives you access to a virtual legal team. Ask your specific questions on commercial legal issues any time.
Learn how to set up contracts that work for you.
Build your skills in the negotiation, preparation and management of contracts. Develop new skills and practices that enable you to handle contracts efficiently with the assistance of straightforward checklists, downloads, slides and videos.
Lift your game and lower your stress levels.
What is Legal on Tap?
Legal on Tap is a division of Aspect Legal, one of Australia’s leading specialists in Procurement and Contract Law. It is a membership-based initiative which essentially provides members with three main benefits:
Legal support – In the first instance, members benefit from being allocated a dedicated contract law support team providing them with invaluable specialist online and telephone support and advice 24/7 as and when needed.
Online Learning – Secondly, members have access to our exclusive course of 14 ‘easy-to-learn’ online learning modules which cover the essential aspects of contract procurement and management, including terms, drafting, IP, termination and compliance amongst other issues, enabling them to deal confidently with the entire procurement and contracting process.
Exclusive “Collaborative” Webinar Forums – What makes Legal on Tap so invaluable however is the support network it provides as members benefit from joining our ground-breaking collaborative webinar forums. Held monthly, the webinars focus on key and topical issues before concluding with a collaborative Q&A style online discussion where members can share issues, solutions and ideas.
You don’t need to be a lawyer to do great deals.
The right know how and support can protect your interests and avoid disputes with:
- Improved contract management skills from on demand, purpose designed learning materials.
- Access to a revolutionary forum that provides fast access to legal advice, assistance and feedback.
- The tools to bust your contract backlog and increase your efficiency in reviewing and approving contracts.
- Support to resolve headaches BEFORE they turn into nightmares from our revolutionary legal forum.
- Protection from the unexpected with ongoing updates on changing legislation and regulation.
- More time, less stress and better sleep because you understand the deals you’re doing and how to avoid costly blowups.
- Improved career and business results with increased contract negotiation skills.
Our Happy Clients
Contract Law for Non-Lawyers e-Learning Portal
e-Learning puts the knowledge you need at your fingertips – when you need it. You don’t need to schedule precious working hours to sit in a stuffy seminar room, hoping you’ll pick out and remember the important bits. You can focus on just what you need to know and review what you need as and when you need it.
- Training videos built from 20 years of delivering contract law training to professionals like you.
- Tasks and video answers to make sure you understand and can apply the video material
- 24/7 Forum access to answer any questions relating to the materials as you have them
- Checklists to download and use every day.
Our e-learning programmes are super-charged by:
- 24/7 Access to our expert legal team to ask commercial legal questions about your contracts and your risks.
- Monthly live training webinars on relevant topics
- Regular updates in the law
Part 1: Cornerstone of Contract Law
The Fundamentals of Enforceable Contracts
In this programme, you’ll discover:
- An easy-to-follow breakdown of the concepts of contract law, and step-by-step instructions for keeping your organisation out of trouble
- What makes a contract enforceable and critical terms that you need to include to protect your company.
- Tools and checklists to use that protect you from hidden contract timebombs
- Certainty of terms: What are the terms of the contract? What impact do negotiations have on the terms?
- How to make sure you keep your suppliers to their promises – and how to craft the best SLAs and KPI measures.
- When to use MOUs, Heads of Agreement and Letters of Intent, and what each term really means.
- The different forms of contracts and which type of agreement you should use.
- Common traps and how to deal with them: Including rollover contracts, standard form contracts, battle of the forms,liquidated damages, force majeure, etc.
Part 2 : Advanced Contract Law
Making Contracts Work for You
In this programme, you’ll discover:
- An in-depth look at liability and indemnity clauses: Find out what they mean and get valuable tips and tricks for properly dealing with them.
- How to terminate an underperforming contract and what to be aware of before you do it.
- Intellectual property considerations: How to protect your own IP, what to do with IP issues in a contract and more.
- Contract checklist: what to include in your contracts, and what to watch out for in negotiations.
- Using templates to increase your efficiency – practical approaches to make your job easier.
- Remedies for contract breach and tips on contracting with remedies in mind.
- The power of key contract terms, such as liquidated damages, consequential loss, and force majeure and how to put them into practical action.
- Early information on emerging trends, legislative considerations and legal developments.
How do I get started
- As soon as you purchase a Legal On Tap subscription, you have immediate, unlimited access to our e-learning portal, full of useful resources AND our online discussion forum with its call-scheduling tool so you can get your questions answered fast.
- Use our online e-learning portal to progress through the videos, tools, checklists and companion tasks and video answers. Learn key contract management skills when and where it works for you, backed up by the forum.
- Whenever you need legal help, post a question online 24/7 or book a time slot in business hours to speak to our legal eagles in person. Deal with your headaches BEFORE they become nightmares, supported by experts.
- Keep up-to-date and protected with relevant notifications, webinars and forum discussions (with our legal team, and subscribers just like you)