Brand Protection & IP
We specialise in providing trademark registrations, and general advice on brand protection and commercialisation for companies and individuals based anywhere in the world.
But we do more than just trademark registrations; we work with our clients on a range of issues to assist them in making their trademarks work for them – by providing answers to questions like:
- How much your brand is really worth, and how to reflect that value in your balance sheet?
- Why you should protect your brand?
- How you can structure your business and your brand protection so that your assets are secured?
At Aspect Legal, we specialise in providing you with:
- Logo protection
- Brand protection
- Structuring – for asset protection and tax minimisation
- Brand valuations
- Making money from your brand through commercialising, licensing, franchising etc
- Enforcing your trademark
As specialists in this area, we are well-equipped to manage your trade mark portfolio – whether it consists of brands, words, logos, signs, shapes, colours, sounds and scents – in the following ways:
- Advising generally on your legal rights associated with your trademarks or trade names
- Conducting comprehensive trade mark searches to ensure the availability and registerability of your proposed trade mark
- Preparing and filing trade mark applications in Australia and overseas
- responding to examination reports and prosecuting trade mark applications to registration
- Conducting opposition and non-use proceedings
- Enforcing your registered trade mark in cases of infringement
- Licensing, assignments and other commercial arrangements
- Effecting the acquisition and disposal of trade marks in commercial transactions
- Business and company name advice and registration
- Providing domain name advice, registrations and transfers
- IP Audits
We pride ourselves on our integrated approach to the proper management of your trade mark portfolio.