Buying a business doesn’t need to be a leap of faith. We can assist you in getting a better understanding of the business that you are looking to acquire, including the risks involved and the long-term viability. Some of the services we provide buyers include:
- Advising on pre-purchase documentation – the seller will most likely require you to sign a confidentiality agreement. We can advise you on the terms that will ensure you are not unduly restrained. We will also consider the appropriateness of any exclusivity period in your favour, so you don’t miss out on the opportunities before you.
- Legal audits and due diligence – to help you understand the business you are looking to buy, we will provide a thorough legal audit and due diligence of intellectual property, trade practices, industrial relations and property issues. We will identify any areas of exposure, and areas of potential hidden value that can be exploited
- Structuring advice – the economic outcome can be impacted by the structure of the purchase. We will advise on the best and most appropriate business structure for your purchase.
- Assisting in the commercial deal – we will draft and negotiate supporting documentation and provide relevant advice so that you achieve the most successful commercial outcome.
- Assistance for building the business into the future – the end of a purchase means the beginning of a new chapter. We can help you to timetable strategies for protecting the business, commercializing relevant aspects of the business as it grows, and building in exit strategies for the future.