Whether you have one or hundreds of trademarks, developing and managing your trademark portfolio are critical to maximising and protecting a company’s brands. Here’s a quick overview of everything you need to know with some pro-tips from our experts.
- Whether you have one trademark or hundreds
- Why you need to manage your trademark portfolio
- Trigger points for periodic reviews
- How to properly manage your trademark portfolio
- Pro-tips from the experts
- Let us know if you need help with this!
Effective trademark portfolio development and management are critical to maximising and protecting a company’s brands, which are often among its most valuable business assets. So, in today’s episode, we talk to Grace Yi – our resident trademark expert – and take you through a discussion of key issues that trademark owners should consider when managing their trademark portfolio.
We also cover how to develop, maintain and exploit trademark rights, implement a trademark enforcement strategy and conduct trademark audits.
If a trademark portfolio is not properly developed and managed, the company may:
- Face an increased risk of infringement claims and other objections
- Be unable to fully exploit and obtain value for its trademarks
- Have difficulty enforcing its rights against infringers
- Lose rights
It is important that your trademark portfolio is managed so as to ensure that all of your Intellectual Property affairs are kept up to date and that your trademarks enjoy maximum protection and are extended in good time.
Listen to other episodes with Grace:
- Trademarks 101 – the basics of business
- Answering common questions about trademarks
- Common Mistakes People Make in the area of trademarks
- Help! I think I have a descriptive trademark!
- The essential legal considerations in branding and brand development
- How to Create Branding that can be Protected
- The Ins and Outs of the Trademark Process
- Quick Tips WARNING for anyone registering business names and companies
- Spam and Scams with Trademarks and Domain Names
- How to stop competitors from using and abusing your trademarks
- Names, Fame and Trademarks
- Big Pac versus Big Mac: How close is too close in trademarks?
- Trademarks in China
Are you enjoying the podcast? Listen to the episode here and leave us a review:
Our General Legal Services
Are you looking for a top quality legal team to assist you in your organisation?
Aspect Legal is an innovative commercial legal practice that specialises in providing fast and professional services for their clients. Our commercial legal services cover a wide spectrum of disciplines – contract law, dispute resolution, business sales and acquisitions, brand protection and IP.
We work with clients both large and small, and we’re all about helping you grow while protecting you from the unexpected storms of business. If you’d like to chat about how we might be able to assist you, simply head over to our website at aspectlegal.com.au to book in time for a free discussion with one of our lawyers. So get in touch today!
Disclaimer: The material contained on this website is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should not depend upon any information appearing on this website without seeking legal advice. We do not guarantee that the contents of this website will be accurate, complete or up-to-date. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.