Mark purchased an underperforming business, build it up and sold it four years later for six times return on his initial investment, then went travelling. Want to know how he did it? Listen to his story and find out!
- Mark’s own experience of buying a business
- How to turn around an underperforming business
- Have a clear business plan and exit strategy from day one
- Build a good team to help you prepare for sale
- Know your numbers well and share it with your team
- Communication strategy with team members about exit
- A system of tracking leads and conversions
- Insights from a background of selling business
- Get your accountant and lawyer involved early on
- Tips for professional advisors to businesses
- Life after the sale, and living the post exit dream
- More than just a business broker
- Driven by a need for a better way in the market
Mark Collins of Mentored Business Sales talks to us about his acquisition and business sale experience where he bought an underperforming Aussie Home Loans store and built it up for sale four years later for six times his initial investment. His story offers great insights on how to turn a business around and get it into sale-ready shape.
After selling his business, Mark spent a year travelling with family before realising a greater call to fill in a need in the broking industry. The benefit of hindsight from his journey of going from being the broker to the business owner has changed the way he deals with clients now. This, of course, is valuable listening for any broker who’s looking for better ways to help their clients achieve the best return for their business.
Mark is also an advocate of getting accountants and legal advisors involved early on in order to achieve the best sale structure that drives in the best value at the end of the day. So, tune in now and don’t miss out!
- Mentored Business Sales
Are you enjoying the podcast? Listen to the episode here and leave us a review:
Our Business Sales and Acquisitions Services
Aspect Legal has a number of great services that help businesses prepare for a sale or acquisition to help them prepare in advance and to get transaction ready. And we’ve also got a range of services to help guide businesses through the sale and acquisitions process.
We work with clients both big and small and have different types of services depending on size and complexity. We provide a free consultation to discuss your proposed sale or acquisition – so see our show notes on how to book a time to speak with us, or head over to our website at Aspectlegal.com.au
Disclaimer: The material contained on this website is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should not depend upon any information appearing on this website without seeking legal advice. We do not guarantee that the contents of this website will be accurate, complete or up-to-date. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation