Today we speak to Anne and Paolo Lencioni, Founders of APL Accountants. Anne and Paolo are not only experts in accounting but they were both veterinary surgeons prior to becoming accountants. Our discussion today covers issues relating to valuations and business sales and acquisitions within this field. However, we feel this is a very relevant two-part series as it not only showcases the benefits of using industry-specific professionals, but it also covers both mistakes and opportunities that can be made by any business, accountant or broker entering into a sale or acquisition.
- A background to the APL accountants’ niche
- Examples of where inexperience in an industry can lead to downfall
- Industry specific issues relating to valuations, business sales, and acquisition in the veterinary industry
- Buying a clinic without a valuation and not realising revenue included GST
- Not realising that the business owner owns the building and no accounting for rent
- Not accounted for wages and superannuation for the business owner and family properly
- Common mistakes specific to sales and acquisitions within the vet industry
- Opportunities that can be made by businesses, accountants and brokers dealing in the vet industry
Welcome to the first part of our discussion on valuations, mergers, and acquisitions with Anne and Paolo Lencioni of APL Accountants. Both formally veterinary surgeons before moving into the accounting industry they have a wealth of industry-specific experience when it comes to the sale or purchase of a veterinary practice. They discuss prepping for exit and specific multiples that are available when existing a vet practice. We discuss the effectiveness of having a niche approach and the advantage of using industry professionals who know what they are talking about, but feel this discussion has pointers relevant to any sale or acquisition you are involved in.
Connect with Anne and Paolo Lencioni:
Listen to the episode here and leave us a review:
Our Business Sales and Acquisitions Services
Aspect Legal has a number of great services that help businesses prepare for a sale or acquisition to help them prepare in advance and to get transaction ready. And we’ve also got a range of services to help guide businesses through the sale and acquisitions process.
We work with clients both big and small and have different types of services depending on size and complexity. We provide a free consultation to discuss your proposed sale or acquisition – so see our show notes on how to book a time to speak with us, or head over to our website at Aspectlegal.com.au
Disclaimer: The material contained on this website is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should not depend upon any information appearing on this website without seeking legal advice. We do not guarantee that the contents of this website will be accurate, complete or up-to-date. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation