Welcome to the second half of our discussion with the founder and CEO of Prosperity Advisers Group – Allan Mckeown. This episode drills into due diligence, discusses the role of advisors and provides some useful tips about the deal itself.
- Do not underestimate the value in preparing an information memorandum
- Tips and tricks in the area of due diligence
- Things other than financial side that is useful for business owners to be looking at
- Getting into the business in a big way
- Be focused on 4 or 5 key performance indicators
- The Deal
- 1 + 1 = 3 approach
- Value to the acquirer you can’t see
- Examples of the 1 + 1 = 3 approach
- Get past the number crunchers
- Patience – deal fatigue a killer
- The devil is always in the details
- The role of advisors
In this episode we pick up our discussion with Allan Mckeown and continue to reflect on his insights from 30 years at the coalface. Alan takes us through his top tips and tricks in the area of due diligence and we drill deeper into the information memorandums, details of the deal itself and the role of advisors.
Connect with Allan Mckeown:
Listen to the episode here and leave us a review:
Our Business Sales and Acquisitions Services
Aspect Legal has a number of great services that help businesses prepare for a sale or acquisition to help them prepare in advance and to get transaction ready. And we’ve also got a range of services to help guide businesses through the sale and acquisitions process.
We work with clients both big and small and have different types of services depending on size and complexity. We provide a free consultation to discuss your proposed sale or acquisition – so see our show notes on how to book a time to speak with us, or head over to our website at Aspectlegal.com.au
Disclaimer: The material contained on this website is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should not depend upon any information appearing on this website without seeking legal advice. We do not guarantee that the contents of this website will be accurate, complete or up-to-date. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation