How do you know when it’s time to sell? There’s no hard and fast rule in getting this right, but there are many things you can do to avoid selling at the wrong time. Check out this episode with Dan Levitus of Vision Brokers and Advisors.
- Passion for doing deals is important in the broking industry
- Vision Brokers and Advisors was founded to fill in a gap in the market
- Areas not working well in the business broking environment
- Dan’s own experience of selling his business too late
- Identifying the right time to take your business to market
- Three key things that buyers look for when acquiring a business
- There’s no hard and fast rule or process
- You shoot yourself in the foot by selling too early (or too late!)
- Important elements that accountants often overlook in due diligence
- Sellers should be ready with all the information potential buyers need
- Benefits to getting professional help in broking the deal
- Get your business reviewed annually
Business owners often get caught up in the day-to-day operations that they do not give ample consideration to planning out their business exit. This is probably why many businesses are taken to market at the wrong time. The problem with selling too late or too early is that oftentimes the business is not at its best state and therefore doesn’t get valued at the best price or worse, doesn’t get sold at all.
To help us drill into the importance of properly timing a sale, we brought on board Dan Levitus of Vision Brokers and Advisors. Dan talks to us from the perspective of his own experience where he sold his business too late and painfully regretted it. Now armed with the benefit of hindsight, Dan is on a mission to help business owners and advisors operating in this space get businesses sold in the right way and at the best time.
For many business owners, the best time to sell might be sooner than you think. The need to get your business on the market may not seem urgent when everything looks rosy. But sometimes that can mean now is the right time to get the best price for it.
- Connect with Dan on Linkedin
- Vision Brokers and Advisors
- Follow them on Facebook @VbaBrokers
- Follow them on Twitter @vbabusiness
- Subscribe to their Youtube channel
Are you enjoying the podcast? Listen to the episode here and leave us a review:
Our Business Sales and Acquisitions Services
Aspect Legal has a number of great services that help businesses prepare for a sale or acquisition to help them prepare in advance and to get transaction ready. And we’ve also got a range of services to help guide businesses through the sale and acquisitions process.
We work with clients both big and small and have different types of services depending on size and complexity. We provide a free consultation to discuss your proposed sale or acquisition – so see our show notes on how to book a time to speak with us, or head over to our website at Aspectlegal.com.au
Disclaimer: The material contained on this website is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should not depend upon any information appearing on this website without seeking legal advice. We do not guarantee that the contents of this website will be accurate, complete or up-to-date. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation