Welcome to the second part of legal and tax tips for accountants dealing with clients selling or acquiring a business with guest speaker Peter Bembrick. As mentioned in part one Peter is a tax partner of HLB Mann Judd and today we cover the intricacies in working out tax outcomes. We talk about the benefit of seeing advisors as part of a team and drill into the mistakes that accountants make in the areas of sales and acquisition.
- The intricacies in working out the tax outcomes
- The benefit of seeing advisors as part of a team
- Mistakes that accountants make in sales and acquisitions
- Not knowing the importance of dealing with advisors who understand and are specialist on exits
- Running elements of the deal themselves that they don’t fully understand
- Being too afraid of share purchases and creating lost opportunity
- Understand that you can’t be a specialist for everything
- The mistake of not fully preparing their clients ahead of time
We speak again to Peter Bembrick a tax expert and partner of HLB Mann Judd who after 30 years in the game knows a thing or two when it comes to dealing with clients leading to exits or looking at acquiring a business.
In this two part series we talked all about the top legal and tax tips for accountants and other advisers dealing with clients who might be leading into an exit or sale or perhaps an acquisition. This is not necessarily for clients right there, right now but it provides information planning for the future and future-proofing your clients so when they get to that point of acquisition or exit they are fully prepared. Today we discuss the intricacies in working out the tax outcomes, the benefit of seeing advisors as part of the team and also talk through the “Ideal Situation” when at the point of exit. This series is really key listening for anyone who has an accountant or an adviser in this area as we drill down on the mistakes made in the sales and acquisition stages and how to effectively avoid these.
Connect with Peter Bembrick:
- Peter Bembrick on Linkedin
- Email Peter Bembrick
- Call Peter Bembrick
- Click here to join or know more about the Accountant Advisors Community
- [EP 092] Revealing the Accountant Advisors Community – what is it and how is it relevant to you as an accountant?
- [EP 118] Top Legal and Tax tips for accountants dealing with clients selling (or acquiring) a business Part 1
Listen to the episode here and leave us a review:
Our Business Sales and Acquisitions Services
Aspect Legal has a number of great services that help businesses prepare for a sale or acquisition to help them prepare in advance and to get transaction ready. And we’ve also got a range of services to help guide businesses through the sale and acquisitions process.
We work with clients both big and small and have different types of services depending on size and complexity. We provide a free consultation to discuss your proposed sale or acquisition – so see our show notes on how to book a time to speak with us, or head over to our website at Aspectlegal.com.au
Disclaimer: The material contained on this website is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should not depend upon any information appearing on this website without seeking legal advice. We do not guarantee that the contents of this website will be accurate, complete or up-to-date. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation